Barometric Bourguignon

I think I've banged on about how much I love my pressure cooker. I mention it in the directions for Feyell Wat, but not how fantastically wonderful it is. I mean it gives you the ability to come home from a hard days' work and cook something that would normally take a few hours in less than an hour. This is one of those dishes.


Ingredients:
900 g steak, cut into 2-3cm pieces
1 cup dry red wine
½ cup beef stock
2 carrots, sliced ½ cm thick
3 slices of bacon
225 g fresh mushrooms, quartered
2 tbsp. flour
1 large. onion, chopped
¼ tsp. basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Putting it all together:
Slice bacon into 1 cm pieces and fry in cooker. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes.

Add steak and brown meat for 5 minutes. Stir in flour and blend thoroughly. Stir in wine, beef stock and seasonings, carrots, mushrooms, etc and close the lid.

Bring to high pressure, reduce heat until steam is stable and cook for 20 minutes. 

Serve on with mashed potatoes and beans.