Pickled Onions.

I don't know what it is about these babies, but gud-lawd I love 'em! I remember as a kid, mum & dad used to buy those green cocktail onions and I would devour as many as I could before mum caught me and hid them. Then I learnt to make my own and, thankfully, I don't eat nearly as many as I used to so they last at least a couple of weeks. They're so easy to make as well!


Ingredients:
1kg Pickling Onions
2 tablespoons of Hoyts Pickling Spice (or similar)
500mls / 1 pint of Malt Vinega
Putting it all together:
Cut the ends off, and peel the onions. Pack them in to a 1.5L jar with an air-tight lid.

Add the pickling spices and pour in the vinegar

Close the lid turn the jar upside down and right way up a couple of times - to stir up the contents. 

Store in a dark cupboard for at least a month. Resist the urge to try them before a month. Honestly, they'll be super delicious!