Stir-fried Honey & Ginger Pork

Adam asked me to stop by the shops on my way home to pick up some ginger, because he forgot it when he did the shopping, but he failed to mention how much ginger he wanted. Instead of asking, I hedged my best and grabbed the smallest knob I could find. When I got home, Adam took one look at it and said, "oh, that's about 10 times the size I need".

So I present to you now, ways to use up Ginger volume 1. Stir-fried Hone & Ginger Pork

Photo taken (badly) by me
Ingredients:
  • 2 tsp cornflour
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 250g pork tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • Thumb-sized piece ginger, finely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
  • 200g Asian Greens (eg Yau Choy)
  • A good splash of white wine
  • A handful of snow peas
  • A pinch of sesame seed
Putting it all together:
Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp water, then stir in the soy sauce and honey, and set aside.

Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the pork and cook for about 5 mins until mostly cooked.

Add the wine and cover with a lid for about 2 minutes (to wilt the Yau Choy).

Add the ginger, garlic, pepper and snow peas, and cook for another 2 mins or so.

Reduce the heat, then add the soy and honey mixture, stirring and cooking until the sauce bubbles and thickens.

Serve on rice noodles (Vermicelli is great) and finish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.