Lyn's Mum's Kartie

I had never heard of a kartie until Lyn gave me this recipe. I couldn't find a picture of one on the interwebs, so I'll have to take my own damn photo when I make this.

Generic image of meat in flat bread.
Ingredients:
2.5 kg yearling beef
2 tsp crushed ginger
2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp crushed chili
2 tsp all spice
500g natural yoghurt


Putting it all together:
Mix everything together and marinade overnight, sealed in gladwrap.

Grill on low heat 'til brown, turn when meat is seared.

Add 3/4 cup of oil to the top of the meat and grill a second time, charring meat.

Transfer the meat to a saucepan, add 1/2 cup of water and simmer until evaporated.

Served rolled in a paratah or roti, garnished with raw spanish onion, chilies (optional), and lemon juice.